- Note: This article is about the TV episode. If you're looking for the character, see General Ironbeak.
From Redwall Abbey, Warbeak and her Sparra squadrons fly South bearing the Riddle -- they hope to find Matthias and help his quest. But they are unaware their departure is observed by Ironbeak, an evil raven general who invades Redwall as soon as Warbeak is gone. They drive the Redwallers into the Cavern Hole, making them prisoners in their own abbey. Slagar and his slaves ascend the huge Great South Cliffs and cut off the means of pursuit leaving Matthias unable to follow. They pass through the forest and survive an attack by the fearsome and terrifying Painted Ones - only to find that Slagar is about to cross a huge river, beyond which a huge rat army awaits him and his slaves. Mattimeo is beyond help, Matthias is halted - and Redwall is under siege.
Differences from Mattimeo
- In the episode, when the slavers and slaves are climbing up the rope ladders, Slagar is one of the first beasts to have made it up. In the book, he is the last one to climb the ladder.
- In the book, Wedgeback the stoat was pushed off of the cliff by Slagar, while in the episode, it was Fleaback the stoat, who was a weasel in the book.
- In the episode, the Painted Ones kill Skan and take his body, while in the book, Mattimeo and Auma pulled the shrew away after he was killed, and Slagar had his body thrown into the river.
- "Bow and Arrow"
- "Character Spotlight: Jube"
- "Redwall Trivia: Matthias promises Mattimeo his sword, but only if he does what?"
- "Ask the Author: Brian Jacques - Was it hard to write the battle scenes?"
|The Redwall TV Series, Season 2|
01 Slagar the Slaver | 02 The Magician Revealed | 03 Where the Little Folk Go | 04 Found... And Lost | 05 To be a Warrior | 06 Ironbeak (Redwall Season 2) | 07 Peril in the Toplands | 08 Feathered Friends and Foes | 09 The Abyss (Redwall Season 2) | 10 Malkariss (Redwall Season 2) | 11 Battle | 12 Reunited | 13 Return to Redwall