|The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer|
The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer is the second entry in the The Lost Legends of Redwall video game series. The game has been promoted as a "classic text-adventure with modern updates like speech-to-text options, gorgeous hand-painted artwork, rich atmospheric music [and] professional voice actors."
Escape the Gloomer was first announced on November 19, 2017 at Free Play Florida by the developer Clopas, and then later by publisher Soma Games on December 8. The game involves a young otter named Gillig trying to prove himself while avoiding death from the water rat, Gloomer.
During its first week of release, it was available for purchase at a 40% off $8.99 price point..
On May 9, 2019, Escape the Gloomer was released on Android, Amazon Alexa, and iOS. It is $0.99 on the Google Play store.
The game's storyline unfolds parallel to the events of Mossflower.
Before Redwall Abbey, there was Kotir Castle, an abandoned fortress built over a large lake near the River Moss. It was taken over by the wildcat Verdauga Greeneyes and his Thousand Eyes army of vermin. Upon his untimely demise, his daughter Tsarmina began her evil rule. Subjugating the woodland inhabitants of Mossflower, this cruel Queen reigned using the army of a Thousand Eyes to collect food tribute from the peaceful forest dwellers. In her arsenal was a very special living weapon. A murderous insane creature kept deep in the bowels of the castle. Captured by her father, Gloomer the Greatrat was rightly feared by all. In these ancient days lived mighty heroes such as Martin the Warrior and Gonff Prince of Mousethieves.
Now our would be champion, Gillig directed by the otter leader Skipper, has been given a very special solo mission. Retrieve an ancient scroll once belonging to Verdauga. On the verge of being exiled from the otter crew, Gillig sees this as an opportunity to prove himself to the otter tribe – if he can overcome his weaknesses.
Your story begins with a descent down a rope into a ruined otter holt near Kotir Castle. What happens next will be totally up to you.
While imprisoned in Kotir, Martin the Warrior overhears guards discussing Verdauga Greeneyes' Scroll of Inheritance, and how it likely would name Gingivere Greeneyes as his heir instead of Tsarmina Greeneyes. At Brockhall, while conferring with Gonff the Mousethief and Skipper Warthorn, he insists upon retrieving it, as the Thousand Eye Army might renounce their support for Tsarmina upon learning of its existence.
The following day, Warthorn introduces his otter crew member Gillig to Gonff, who provides instructions on how to enter Kotir through Otter's Den holt.
Gillig makes his way to the holt, and enters a Cavern beneath Kotir. However, The Gloomer lurks there, and the otter must continually avoid the beast.
Kotir is heavily guarded, and it takes days for Gillig to finally sneak in. Once inside, he makes his way to Tsarmina's bed chambers, where he discovers clues to the location of the Scroll.
By the time he returns to the Cavern, flooding from the River Moss has already commenced, and the Gloomer is still on the prowl. After deciphering some riddles, Gillig uncovers a hidden treasure chest with a golden amulet and the Scroll.
But the intense flow of water forces him out of the cave, the Gloomer attacks, and Gillig must once again flee, losing the Scroll in the aftermath.
Gillig finds himself in a room with the Gloomer and a den of angry snakes, and the villains battle one another. Taking advantage of the fight, Gillig fires his sling at the Gloomer, and the serpents kill the rat.
Heavily outnumbered, Gillig can't go after the Scroll, and must leave the fortress.
As Gillig wears the amulet, the otter crew realize it contains a hidden map, a new riddle, and a secret message in a mysterious language from Verdauga.
- Narrator, Skipper - Malk Williams
- Gillig - Joshua Cookingham
- Gonff - Richard Reed
- Martin the Warrior - Austin Schmidt
- Root - David Lowe
- Ferdy Stickle - Hannah Tuttle
- Coggs Stickle, Otter Crew Member #3 - Michael Slusser
- Tsarmina Greeneyes - Stephanie Tobin
- Gingivere Greeneyes - Sam A. Mowry
- Chibb - Madeline Slusser
- Weasel Dungeon Guard #1 - Alexander Doddy
- Weasel Dungeon Guard #2, Weasel Larder Guard - Carla Mack
- Weasel Guard #1 - Lizzy Hofe
- Weasel Guard #2 - Alexander Wilson
- Weasel Guard #3 - Dominic Tuttle
- Otter Crew Member #1 - Jason Caits-Cheverst
- Otter Crew Member #2 - Chris Skaggs
- Otter Crew Member #4 - Andy Smith
- Snakes - Kailey Bray
- David Ababio
- Rachel Johnson
- Kendall Miller
Escape the Gloomer is divided into nine chapters. You play as Gillig and The Gloomer.
- Meet Gillig
- Meet Gloomer
- The Chase
- Cordial Shows the Way
- Otter Up
- Learning the Ropes
- Up the Down Staircase
On November 16, 2018, Escape the Gloomer was released on Steam.
- File size: 384 MB
Escape the Gloomer features over 40,000 words, and 20 professional voice actors who have cumulatively voiced over 4.5 hours of dialogue.
- Third person narrative based game with emphasis on exploration and overcoming obstacles
- Nine chapters of interactive play with rich descriptions
- Intuitive UI that enables comfortable reading of text with page controls
- Family friendly: suitable for ages 12 and up
- Character development – progress Gillig from timid otter to noble Corim warrior
- Adds to Redwall lore with new backstories and familiar characters alike
- Conversational Adventure™ game elements
- Blind compatibility mode
- Multiple platforms supported (PC / Mac / Linux)
- Original illustrations created specifically for the game
- Sound effects and original musical soundtrack
- Professional Voice Acting
- The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer on Steam
- The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer on Amazon Alexa
- The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer on Android
- The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer on iOS
|The Lost Legends of Redwall Video Games|